Iain Johnstone - Book draft: "Gaussian Estimation"
Book Draft, version of September 8, 2015
Iain Johnstone - preprints and papers
Remarks: Papers published before 1994 are listed here. For articles shown as "Available from JSTOR. ," the highlighted title links to a prepublication version, not necessarily the same as the published version.
As yet unpublished
- Wavelet Deconvolution in a periodic setting, Iain M. Johnstone, Gerard Kerkyacharian, Dominique Picard and Marc Raimondo, J. Royal. Statistical Society, Ser. B., 66 547-573, with discussion and rejoinder, 627-652.
- Boundary Coiflets for wavelet shrinkage in function estimation, Iain M. Johnstone and Bernard W. Silverman, J. Applied Probability, 41A, 81-98.
- Periodic Boxcar Deconvolution and Diophantine Approximation by Iain M. Johnstone and Marc Raimondo, Annals of Statistics, 32, 1781-1804.
- On the distribution of the largest eigenvalue in principal components analysis. by Iain M. Johnstone. Annals of Statistics, 29, 295--327.
- Thresholding for weighted chi-squared. by Iain M. Johnstone. Statistica Sinica, 11, 691--704.
- Chi-square Oracle Inequalities. In State of the Art in Probability and Statistics, Festchrift for Willem R. van Zwet, M. de Gunst, C. Klaassen & A. van der Waart, editors. IMS Lecture Notes - Monographs, 36, 399--418.
- Ideal Denoising in an Orthonormal Basis Chosen from a Library of Bases by David L. Donoho and Iain M. Johnstone C. R. Acad. Sci. Paris, Ser.I, 319, 1317--1322.
- Ideal Spatial Adaptation via Wavelet Shrinkage With figures by David L. Donoho and Iain M. Johnstone Biometrika, 81, 425--455. Available from JSTOR.
- Minimax Risk Over lp-Balls for lq-Error by David L. Donoho and Iain M. Johnstone Prob. Th. Rel. Fields, 99, 277--303.
- On minimax estimation of a sparse normal mean vector by Iain M. Johnstone Ann. Statist., 22, 271--289. Available from JSTOR.
- Minimax Bayes, asymptotic minimax and sparse wavelet priors by Iain M. Johnstone Statistical Decision Theory and Related Topics, V, S.S. Gupta and J.O. Berger, eds., 303--326.